This policy applies to all external parties, namely the visitors to Legend Travel Group’s websites and social media pages, subscribers to Legend Travel Group briefings and marketing materials, and any other individual whose personal information may be collected, stored and used by Legend Travel Group or our partners. The policy is also to apply to Legend Travel Group’s management of personal information across all of its offices (in Vietnam and internationally).
POLICY IN DETAILS
Legend Travel Group understands that the right of individuals to their privacy is important, and demonstrates this by complying with the Constitution 1992, as amended in 2001
How Legend Travel Group collects personal information.
Legend Travel Group collects personal information only by lawful and fair means, where it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to Legend Travel Group functions under the Vietnam Privacy Constitution 1992. It is Legend Travel Group’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you when you deal with Legend Travel Group by phone, letter, email, face-to-face or online, including when you:
- Make an enquiry with Legend Travel Group;
- Register an account on an Legend Travel Group’s website;
- Subscribe to a newsletter or register to receive brochures (e.g. through a Legend Travel Group’s website);
- Apply to attend or exhibit at a Legend Travel Group’s event;
- Enter a promotion or competition, including at a Legend Travel Group’s event or through a Legend Travel Group’s website;
- Have business dealings with Legend Travel Group (whether as job applicant, as an employee of one Legend Travel Group’s external service providers, if you work for a government agency Legend Travel Group deals with, in the context of a transaction, or if you volunteer personal information to Legend Travel Group).
Where it is practicable, you may choose to remain anonymous or adopt a pseudonym when dealing with Legend Travel Group.
Personal information collected by Legend Travel Group.
The types of personal information that Legend Travel Group collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with its products and services and may include your name, contact details, photographic information, your views and opinions about Legend Travel Group’s services, travel information. In particular:
- If you are a traveler or tourist who registers to receive e-newsletters from Legend Travel Group or registers to create an account on the Legend Travel Group’s website to customize your web experience, your name, address, email address, age group and information about what type of holiday you are looking for will be collected. This is why Legend Travel Group can provide you with material likely to be of interest to you.
- If you deal with Legend Travel Group in the course of business, Legend Travel Group will generally collect only your business contact details (so Legend Travel Group can communicate with you for normal business purposes).
- Legend Travel Group also collects personal information about its employees (including job applicants) and contractors (personnel records).
- If you make a complaint, Legend Travel Group will generally collect your name, address or email address and details about the complaint.
- If you would like to settle the payment for deposit or full cost online by credit card, Legend Travel Group will generally collect your Card number, card type, expiry date, CSC, home address.
How Legend Travel Group uses and discloses personal information.
We only use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Law. For example, if you register on an Legend Travel Group’s website to receive information about travelling to Southeast Asia, we will use your name and email address to send you this information. Other examples include use or disclosure for the purpose of:
- Providing you with the publications or services you have requested;
- Marketing communications;
- Complaint handling;
- Research and forecasting;
- Employment purposes; and,
Examples of third parties Legend Travel Group may disclose your personal information to include state and territory tourism authorities in the course of conducting trade events, external service providers such as IT consultants, professional advisers, publishing houses and marketing/advertising agencies, Commonwealth ministers, or business partners with whom Legend Travel Group has a formal contractual relationship with.
Legend Travel Group will not use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
- Your consent is obtained;
- Legend Travel Group is required to, or authorized by an Vietnamese law or a court or tribunal order; or,
- Otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Law.
Legend Travel Group may also use or disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose related to, or directly related to, the purpose of collection where you would reasonably expect that your information would be used for this other purpose. These secondary purposes may include activities such as public education or quality assurance.
At or before the time we collect your personal information (or as soon as practical afterwards), Legend Travel Group will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to provide you with a collection notice containing the following information setting out, among other things, the purpose of collection.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
It is possible that Legend Travel Group will disclose your personal information overseas as part of its marketing functions. Countries in which recipients are likely to be located include those where Legend Travel Group has regional offices located including the Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Malaysia. Legend Travel Group does not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipient unless one of the following applies:
- The recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme substantially similar to the Vietnamese Privacy Principles, including mechanisms for enforcement.
- You have consented to the disclosure after being expressly informed that Legend Travel Group will not be taking reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Vietnamese Privacy Principles.
- It is required or authorized by law.
- It is required or authorized by an international agreement relating to information sharing to which Legend Travel Group is a party.
- It is reasonably necessary for an enforcement related activity conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body and the recipient performs similar functions.
Personal information security
Legend Travel Group has taken the security of personal information seriously and has implemented a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse including the implementation of firewalls.
Electronic records of personal information collected by Legend Travel Group are stored in databases that are hosted on servers in US. Records relating to consumers are stored in databases that are hosted on servers in Legend Travel Group’s overseas locations. In each case, Legend Travel Group’s IT systems are protected by appropriate IT security measures.
Legend Travel Group also requires its staff to ensure that paper records containing personal information are stored securely. Legend Travel Group’s employees are bound by confidentiality obligations as a condition of their employment, and this extends to ensuring that personal information collected by Legend Travel Group is kept confidential.
Access and correction
Under the Privacy Law, you have the right to seek access to the records of personal information that Legend Travel Group holds about you. You also have the right to ask Legend Travel Groupl to alter your personal information if you think the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If you wish to access or correct your personal information that Legend Travel Group holds, please submit a written request setting out what information you wish to access or correct, your name and a mailing/email address to the manager, legal and governance, using the contact details set out at the end of this Policy.
Legend Travel Group may require you to verify your identity. Legend Travel Group will respond to your request within 30 days.
If Legend Travel Group refuses to provide you with access to your personal information or to correct that information as you request, it will provide you with reasons for that refusal and information about how to make a complaint.
If Legend Travel Group refuses to correct your personal information, it will take reasonable steps to associate a statement with your personal information that you consider the information to be inaccurate.
Online privacy issues
If you use Legend Travel Group’s websites, information is recorded about your visit for web personalization, research and statistical and reporting purposes as well as to allow Legend Travel Group to improve its websites, products and services.
In general, you can visit Legend Travel Group’s websites without telling Legend Travel Group who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are times when Legend Travel Group may need to collect your personal information. For instance, if you register to receive Legend Travel Group’s publications or to attend an event, Legend Travel Group will need to collect some personal information from you for this purpose. In this case, Legend Travel Group will provide notice and seek your permission to send you further electronic communications, and for your personal information to be stored in its databases. If at any time after submitting your personal information to Legend Travel Group you would no longer like to receive information, simply follow the “unsubscribe” directions at the end of any email communications you receive, or contactLegend Travel Group using the contact details listed at the end of this policy.
No attempt will be made by Legend Travel Group to identify website users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs. The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by Legend Travel Group.
Where you use Legend Travel Group’s social media pages (such as Facebook or Instagram) Legend Travel Group will not collect any personal information about you without your consent.
Legend Travel Group strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to its websites, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies. You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. Legend Travel Group cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you submit to its websites. If you have concerns in this regard, Legend Travel Group has other ways of obtaining and providing information. Postal services, phone and fax facilities are available.
Legend Travel Group’s websites may also be linked to websites operated by third parties. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these websites. Visitors to those websites should refer to their separate privacy policies and practices, e.g. Google Analytics and Adobe packages.
If you wish to complain about how Legend Travel Group manages personal information, you should submit a written complaint by post or email using the contact details set out in this policy. Legend Travel Group will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with Legend Travel Group’s response, you may make a written complaint to the Vietnam Tourism directly.
If you have any questions about this policy or if you wish to make a complaint, contact Legend Travel Group’s manager, using the following contact details:
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Suite 514, 4F Building, Trung Hoa Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
- By phone: +84437834288
Legend Travel Group periodically reviews this Policy and reserves the right at its discretion to modify or remove portions at any time. Any amendments will be notified by posting an updated version on its website.
Approved by the Managing Director